Provide an Activity!
Viking Sportsmen and Pheasants Forever welcome you the 6th annual Youth Outdoor Activity Day. The event is FREE and open to the public and scheduled to take place on Sunday, August 25th, from 10am – 4pm at the Alexandria Shooting Park. The activity you provide will assist many kids in their quest to become hunters, anglers, and enjoy many other pursuits in the great outdoors. Last year’s attendance was 2,212 youth and we believe we will be well over 2,300 youth this year with at least 1,500 parents as well.
Please help us get the word out via your organization’s contacts. This may include newsletters, blogs, calendars, print media, radio, and/or TV. If you would like support in these efforts, please contact us. We have a presentation that we can share along with our YouTube video of last year (Youth Outdoor Activity Day).
Activity providers are under no obligation to donate any money towards the event. However, if you would like to become a donor, please contact us and we will get you information on how to donate, donor levels, and benefits.
We require all participants to follow the following rules during the event.
- Youth Outdoor Activity Day is a Free event, so there is no selling of any kind. This includes raffle tickets. Marketing and giveaways are encouraged. Remember, this is an activity day; your organization must provide an activity for kids to partake in.
- Please track the people who join your group as a result of this event.
- There is no charge for a booth, however, you need to bring everything you will need including tables, chairs, shade canopy, props, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Prepare your hands-on activity for many kids to participate in simultaneously. Lines could be long. Make sure you have enough help. Be prepared for a line waiting to do your activity from the start until the end of the day. If you need additional volunteers, let us know, as we have a limited number of people who volunteer to help that do not have a specific job. Please note any special skills required.
- We will provide lunch. We will have runners making the rounds delivering lunch to you at your activity.
Next Steps Booth – available upon exiting the event as another touchpoint where kids and parents can find additional information, encouraging them to pursue the activities they enjoyed.